top of page
Untitled design (15)_edited_edited_edited.jpg

2nd Edition of Strenuous World Congress on

Catalysis, Chemical Engineering and Technology 

 THEME: Latest Innovations in Future Catalysis and Chemistry Research 

 16-17 April 2024                |                London, UK 




You can visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for tourism, business, study (courses up to 6 months), and other permitted activities.

You can usually stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You might be able to apply to stay for longer in certain circumstances, for example, to get medical treatment.


What you need to do

  1. Check if what you plan to do in the UK is allowed as a Standard Visitor.

  2. Check you meet the eligibility requirements.

  3. Check if you need to apply for a visa to visit the UK.

  4. Apply for a Standard Visitor visa online - if you need one.

What you can and cannot do (‘permitted activities’)

Check you meet the eligibility requirements

You must have a passport or travel document to enter the UK. It should be valid for the whole of your stay.

You must be able to show that:

  • you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit

  • you’re able to support yourself and your dependants during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)

  • you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)

  • you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home

You may need to meet extra eligibility requirements if you’re visiting the UK:

The rules on what you’ll need to enter the UK may be different if you’re traveling from Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, or the Isle of Man.

Check if you need a visa to visit the UK

Depending on your nationality, you’ll either:

  • have to apply for a Standard Visitor visa before you travel to the UK

  • be able to visit the UK for up to 6 months without needing a visa

You can check if you need a visa before you apply.

If you do not need a visa, you must still meet the Standard Visitor eligibility requirements to visit the UK. You may be asked questions at the UK border about your eligibility and the activities you plan to do.

If you’ve previously been refused entry to the UK or have a criminal record, you may want to apply for a Standard Visitor visa (even if you do not need one).

If you have to apply for a Standard Visitor visa

You must apply for a Standard Visitor visa online before you travel to the UK.

A Standard Visitor visa costs £100 for up to 6 months. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.

If you visit the UK regularly, you can choose to apply for a long-term Standard Visitor visa instead.

You can pass through the UK to another country on a Standard Visitor visa. If transiting is your only reason for coming to the UK, you can apply for a Visitor in Transit visa instead for £64.

Visit on business

You can visit the UK for up to 6 months to do the following business activities:

  • attend interviews, meetings, conferences, and seminars

  • attend trade fairs to promote your business (you cannot sell things)

You should:

Visa for the UK (if applicable):

  •        If you require a visa to enter the UK, please approach the British embassy nearest to you, for information on visa application and submission procedures, a list of documents required,                application fees payable and to obtain visa application forms.

  •        The visa application process can take at least 2 months to complete, so it is important that you start your application as soon as possible to ensure you receive your visa before traveling            to the Catalysis Forum 2024.

  •        Strenuous Group  Conferences will not directly contact embassies and consulates on behalf of visa applicants. All delegates or invitees should apply for Business Visas only.

  •        Important note for failed visa applications: Visa issues cannot come under consideration of the cancellation policy of Strenuous Group Conferences, including the inability to obtain a visa.


Quick Links

Get in Touch 


General  Enquiries | John Brandon | Program Manager

For Sponsorship/Exhibition Enquiry:

Contact Us

Strenuous Group,
126 City Rd
London N1 6AD, UK


bottom of page